Saturday, March 15, 2014

Christmas Gifts

Each year I come up with a new gift that my kids and I can make for their grandparents. Christmas, 2013 was the year of mug rugs. The kids painted mini masterpieces and I added a little embroidery (based on their ideas). Then I stitched everything together into a rug for mugs.

Confession time: I still have two sitting on my sewing machine, waiting to be finished! They get shipped out of state, and the recipients actually prefer to exchange Christmas gifts in the spring/ summer so that they don't get lost in all the hustle & bustle from far away.
Anyway, here are the ones we got done in time...






(Don't freak because my 11 year old drew a gun - my dad is an avid marksman, hunter, fisherman, etc. We all are. It's part of our family's history & culture.)


No comments:

Post a Comment