Sunday, January 25, 2015

DLP Week 1


January Theme: The Blank Page & How to Face It!
Art Challenge: Book Paper
Journal Prompt: Be Your Own Goal Keeper




As far as the art challenge, this was a pretty easy one for me. I used extra pages of sheet music I had recently printed out (and then didn't need for actual music). Overall, this page is a LOT more colorful than the pages I usually do. I've been itching to really play with my new Gelatos, and this seemed a great time to try them out. My goal for this year is to creatively step outside of the box smash and blow the box to smithereens, so I'm guessing a lot of these pages will not look like my usual stuff.



 I decided to go with a verse from 2 Chronicles because I'm really good at setting goals... but less good at following through on them. Like most people, I tend to not work continuously over time to reach my goals. I made a mini book for my 2015 goals. The cover of the book says, "more," because inside I wrote one word on each page. I want 2015 to be my year of more. More patience, more peace, more gentleness, more work... Not surprisingly most of the words I wrote can be found here, listed with the Fruits of the Spirit.

This year promises to be hugely busy, so I have condensed several books into one. This is my planner, journal, smashbook, and art journal. I'm a wife and mom of (soon to be) four kids. I work part time, homeschool our two oldest full time, and also attempt to make time for knitting, crafting, and art. The planner I already have really works for me right now, so I didn't want to ditch it for the one that everyone else seems to be using for the DLP. So I'm using tip-ins to add my DLP pages to my weekly planner pages. I just tape them in along the outside edge of my weekly schedule & weekly to-do list. Then I'm using the back of one DLP art page to journal my family's highlights from the week and the back of the other as a smash page for the detritus that I collect throughout the week. So far it's been working for me. At the end of the month, I will take out that month's pages and transfer them to another binder to keep my planner from growing too fat.

No comments:

Post a Comment