Monday, January 26, 2015

DLP, Week 2

January Theme: The Blank Page and How to Face It!
Art Challenge: Gesso
Journal Prompt: “The beginning is always today.” -Mary Shelley

Again this week my DLP page spread is a lot more colorful than I planned, and far more colorful than my usual stuff. I'm not sure how this happened two weeks in a row. My explanation is below all the photos, if you're interested in how I achieved this... um... interesting spread.
 




I started with a gernerous layer of gesso, which I applied using an old gift card for texture. After that dried I smeared on some purple acrylic paint. When that dried, I used my Inktense pencils to add the orange & yellow. Then I had to think about the quote for a while. I wasn't quite sure what to do with it.

After a while I decided to go a bit literal & collage on some tissue paper transfers from calendar pages in random places. The more I thought about the quote, the more I started to think that today could be the beginning of anything. So I found this picture of the lady looking through a glass, then printed some pictures of things she might see through it. Of course, they are all whimsical, scifi, oddities that I love. I finished it out with some outlining & shading.


No comments:

Post a Comment